What is yummier than something to eat with a nice cup of tea? Something with chocolate chips in it, of course! This recipe for chocolate chip scones is my new go-to recipe for when I need something sweet (but not too sweet). Easy to make, yummy to eat, and they seem to be a hit every time I make them.
Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Extra heavy whipping cream and sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Prep your cookie sheet with nonstick spray and set it aside.
- Add the Bisquick, whipping cream, sugar, egg, and vanilla to a bowl and beat until a soft dough forms. Then add chocolate chips.
- Take your dough and form it into a circle, roughly 8-9 inches. Place it on the cookie sheet and brush it with some of the extra whipping cream. Then sprinkle it with extra sugar.
- Important step! Cut your circle into 8 pie pieces, but do not separate the pieces (one time I made these, I may possibly have forgotten to cut the circle into wedges and it did not bake properly. After I despaired for a minute or two, I cut them and slightly separated the wedges, then popped it back in the oven. Phew, it worked! But save yourself some despair and just cut into pieces before baking). Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
(Original recipe found here. I didn’t want all that extra sweetness of drizzled chocolate on top.)
Go bake some. I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed.