As promised, here is the zebra painting G started a few days ago in completed form. After he painted the white paper with black stripes (which as predicted became more black than white and not so stripey), we let that dry completely. Then I cut out of the painting a rectangle for the body, skinny rectangle for the neck, head shape (rectangle with one rounded side), triangle tail, and four pointy rectangle-ish shapes. G and I glued those to construction paper, plus a pink nose, and let that dry. Then he took a marker and added eyes, a mane, and hairs for the tail. We also added one orange tuft of grass for the zebra to nibble on. I really adore the way this turned out!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,